Sunday 8 September 2013

Napoleon is proving complex...

Well my head and desk have been full of all things Napoleon over the last few days. I cannot talk about specifics at this stage, safe to say there's hopefully going to be a book cover and a few other things in the offing. Although the brief calls for a little restraint in how I depict the little big guy I couldn't resist having a play with a more caricature approach and get it out of my system early on. So here's some Napoleon sketches. No doubt more will follow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! These are marvelous!

John Tyrrell said...

Like the illustrations.

It is strange how Napoleon is always remembered by Brits at least for his height, or lack of it - he was I think taller than Lord Nelson and a similar height to Winston Churchill, and not much shorter than the Duke of Wellington.